Last updated on 18-Jan-2021
- Purpose and Scope
i. ‘Personal Information’ means any information that relates to a natural person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with the Company, is capable of identifying such person.
ii. ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ of a person means such Personal Information which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above Clauses as provided to the Company for providing service; and
- any of the information received under any of the above Clauses by the Company for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise:
Provided that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act 2005 or any other law for the time being in force will not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
2. Collection of information
i. We collect the following Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information:
|Sl no.||Data being collected||Purpose of collection||Mandatory/ voluntary|
|1.||Name||Account creation, access to service||Mandatory||2.||Phone Number||Account creation, access to service, promotions, offers, feedback calls||Mandatory|
|3.||Email Address||Account creation, access to service, promotions, offers, feedback calls||Mandatory|
|4.||Geo Location/ Pin Code||Account creation||Mandatory|
ii. You represent that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data. Your providing the data/ information and the Company’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third-party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
iii. The Company tracks information provided by visitor’s browser, including the website the visitor came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser used and other information that does not personally identify any visitor of the Website. This may include installation of cookies and collection of other session data.
iv. In addition, we may also collect demographic and other data for market research, advertising and promotional purposes.
v. By providing your number at www.nalandalearning.org/ you are authorizing Nalanda Learning it’s representatives to give you a call to offer you our services for the product you have opted for, imparting product knowledge, offering promotional offers running on website solely related to Nalanda Learning. Irrespective of the fact that you have registered yourself under DND or DNC service, you are still authorizing Nalanda Learning & it’s representatives to give you a call for the above mentioned purposes till 45 days of leaving your number on our website. Hence, there is no DNC check required for the number you have left on our website.
3. Use and Processing of data/ information
a. Notwithstanding anything contained in Clause 2 (i) above, the information collected by the Company may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations which may include the following:
- dealing with users, services and related activities;
- responding to your queries and fulfilling your requests for information regarding our services;
- notifying you about our new services and sending you important information regarding our services;
- creating of an Account on the Website;
- legitimate business purposes; and
- responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
b. Your data/ information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and in accordance with the provisions set out herein.
4. Disclosure and transfer of your Personal Information (Including Sensitive Personal Data or Information)
a. We do not sell or rent any Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information).
b. We may disclose/ transfer your Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information) to our partners, associates, service providers, dealers, sellers and third parties as necessary or appropriate:
- to carry out services on the Company’s behalf under contract;
- in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with any legal process whether local or foreign;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- when the Company, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect its rights or the rights of others;
- to protect our rights or property, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
c. The Company may also disclose or transfer the Sensitive Personal Data or Information, to another third party as a part of reorganization or a sale of the assets or business of the Company. Any third party to which the Company transfers or sells its assets will have the right to continue to use such Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
5. Information provider’s rights in relation to their Sensitive Personal Data or Information collected by the Company
b. You may write to us at email@example.com to access, review, modify or correct your Sensitive Personal Data or Information or withdraw your consent to provide Sensitive Personal Data or Information. However, we are not responsible for the authenticity of the Sensitive Personal Data or Information provided by you.
c. You agree and acknowledge that certain data or information may not be corrected or is prohibited to be modified as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings. In respect to such data or information, the aforementioned rights will not be available.
6. Security Practices and Procedures
a. We use reasonable security measures, at the minimum those mandated under the IT Act read with SPDI Rules, to safeguard and protect your Sensitive Personal Data or Information. You accept the inherent security implications of providing privacy to your information shared with us and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Personal Information unless we have been grossly and willfully negligent.
b. We may enter into agreement(s) with third parties to store your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information/ data.
7. Grievance Redressal
Any discrepancies and grievances with respect to processing of Sensitive Personal Data or Information or any complaints shall be informed to the Grievance Officer as mentioned below:
Name: Prasun Roy Chowdhury
Designation: Sr. Manager – Human Resource
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are needed for the Website to work. They include, for example, the cookies that keep track of whether a visitor is logged in to the Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These let us recognise and count how many visitors we receive, and how they move around our Website. This helps us improve the Website, for example, so users can easily find what they are looking for.
- Targeting cookies: These record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.